Can you make complex ideas seem simple? Do you want to solve difficult UX problems and craft intuitive, rewarding digital experiences? And could you write the previous sentences in half as many words but make them twice as engaging? If so, join Dashlane as a UX Writer and help us create intuitive software with a global impact.
Dashlane is a top-rated password manager and online security app created for everyone who lives, works, and plays on the internet. With offices in Paris, New York, and Lisbon, Dashlane has helped over 11 million users in 180 countries manage and secure their digital identities and has enabled over $17 billion in e-commerce transactions.
As a member of our rapidly growing Product Design Team, you will be responsible for making the copy in our product ecosystem strategic, clear, and engaging. You will collaborate closely with the Art Director, product designers and fellow UX writers in a creative environment — and work alongside a broad mix of stakeholders including product managers, engineers, marketers, and user researchers. You will also partner with the Marketing and Creative teams to deliver a consistent user experience across all communication channels.
You will be based in Paris, France.
At Dashlane you will:
- Write copy for the native Mac, Windows, Android and iOS apps, as well as the Web app and the browser extension
- Iterate and test content in order to craft concise, high-performing messaging that improves the user experience while hitting business goals
- Collaborate with designers in creating delightful, effortless experiences, from wireframes and prototypes, through to crafting well-balanced layouts, and fine-tuning copy with engineers and the QA team
- Work with designers on providing messaging for motion design
- Provide strategic, creative, on-brand copy for user testing and product optimization
- Proofread, edit, and maintain all product copy to ensure an error-free experience
- Craft copy that can be translated into multiple languages. You will be involved in the localization process, working as a bridge between the product, design, engineering, and localization teams
- A portfolio of UX and/or web copy writing samples
- At least three years of experience in a role that involves user experience in an app/product ecosystem
- A degree in creative, technical, or professional writing, user experience, or a related field
- Experience in testing copy to improve performance and usability
The ideal candidate:
- Possesses impeccable English writing skills and a superior command of grammar, style, tone, and rhythm of language
- Has a track record of writing compelling UX copy that both contributes to reaching business goals and aids the user
- Is comfortable collaborating with product managers, marketers, and designers
- Is well read, aware of cultural differences between the U.S. and Europe, and is able to craft language that works equally well for different audiences
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain tone of voice and consistency of language across different environments, contexts, and platforms
- Can craft language in a way that makes technical and complicated ideas appear simple and accessible
- Is a naturally gifted communicator and is confident in explaining copy decisions to key stakeholders
- Wants to be part of a high-performing team and a fast-paced startup culture
- Is happy working towards challenging deadlines and can adapt to changing priorities
- Has experience in creating copy for motion, film, or animation
Diversity at Dashlane:
As a truly international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to finding diverse talent and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.