The role of a UI designer is to bring cutting-edge ideas and designs to the table. With your amazing skills in product interaction, visual design, and prototyping, you help our clients to quickly visualize concepts and build new innovative products. You share a strong belief in the importance of design in this world and have a unique mix of real-world experience, empathy, and a curiosity for all new things.
As a UI Designer in Paris, you will feel comfortable taking the lead in creating world-class products and experiences, for our Automotive client and later with the chance of working with clients in other industries as well. Your responsibility will be to create high quality interaction design work from early concepts to highly detailed specifications and prototypes. You will work closely with teams of other UI and UX Designers as well as Engineers or POs building the next level of connected car experiences.Once you are here you will:
- Guide the team from initial research through conceptualization, to concept completion and pixel perfect design.
- As we are not limited to a certain direction of screen design, you will establish user interfaces for native iOS, Android as well as web apps.
- Build a narrative around a chosen design direction and present it to clients based on aggregated experience, including communicating broad POV’s leading to future business value and matching design strategies and output with client objectives.
- Help others succeed on an everyday basis.
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in a similar environment and a bachelor’s degree in Design, or equivalent life experience.
- Broad range of UI Design experience and a knack for conceptual work.
- Great leadership skills. We need someone who is confident with clients, leading presentations, workshops and mentoring creative talent.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and dynamic environment, and in multidisciplinary design teams.
- A willingness to get your hands dirty, and skills to also deliver top notch visual work.
- A drive to stay on the pulse and contribute ideas for new features or ways to improve existing structures and products.
- A serious addiction to getting and giving feedback, both internal and external (from users and data).
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English required and French is a plus, as we often work in international team settings.
- Experience or passion for the automotive world design is a clear plus.
- Absolute willingness to travel and to work on-site with our clients.
Who we are:
- Monthly travels to our head office in Germany and working with our colleagues located in our Berlin, Munich or Tokyo offices.
- Help with relocation to Paris, if not already based there.
- Budgets for Conferences, Trainings, Books, Gadgets, Public Transportation and Fitness.
- MacBook and flex hours.
- Additional opportunities to travel to Japan and work with Goodpatch Tokyo.
- Working with a fun, talented and international team that aims to create a caring and inclusive workplace.
Goodpatch is a digital product design company in constant pursuit of creating meaningful solutions that move people’s hearts. We’ve been helping businesses to design and develop digital solutions since 2011, with studios in Tokyo, Berlin, Munich and recently a team located in Paris.
In Paris we are currently a team of three, while globally we are over 100. Some of our past and current clients include Panasonic, Mimi, Teambay, Labfolder, Vimeda, WEKA, Deutsche Börse, Zenjob and Renault-Nissan Alliance.
If you are available any time soon and are ready to “WOW” us, quickly brush up your CV and your Portfolio and drop Sandra an Email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know who you are and which of your personal strengths makes us want YOU.