We’re an integral part of AXA – the world’s number one insurance brand. Our goal is to support AXA entities around the world in empowering people to live better lives. By embracing technology, data and innovation, we’re helping AXA become a customer-focused, tech-led company. Ours is an inspiring, global workplace with over 8,000 colleagues in 17 different countries across Europe, Asia and the US. We specialize in data, procurement, IT, security and more.
The headquarters of the AXA Group, based in Paris 8th and 17th, brings together the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities with the Group's strategy and is responsible for managing international projects. The headquarters has approximately 800 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (39 nationalities).
“Great ideas are worth nothing without execution”
The position will be part of REV (Research, Engineering and Vision) having locations in Paris 17th (France), on the EPFL campus in Lausanne (Switzerland) and in San Francisco (USA). This new unit was created in 2018 to contribute to a global strategic program of digital transformation and innovation to drive AXA towards becoming a tech-led company. It is not only an innovation unit but also, and above all, an engineering team helping AXA entities to “test and learn” their ideas leveraging emerging technologies and scale them across the group. We strongly believe in learning by doing and acknowledge we have the right to fail if we learn along the way. Our projects span from IT related topics, to computer vision, cognitive services, bots, drones and many other web/mobile initiatives. Our mission is to transform an idea into a first stage of execution. Once the feasibility and the value for users is confirmed, we scale it with the help of industrialization teams.
We are the Tech Innovation team of AXA Group. We are a group of passionate software engineers, data scientists, actuaries, product managers and designers on a mission to identify or invent the technologies that will support the transformation of insurance.
You we’ll join of group of passionate software engineers, data scientists, actuaries and designers on a mission to design and build the next generation insurance technology solutions. We operate globally from San Francisco, Paris and Lausanne.
What will you do:
Create designs and artefacts throughout the entire product development lifecycle such as user research, design thinking, wireframes, prototypes, specifications and production.
- Collaborate closely with project leads on project vision, strategy and roadmaps. Understand the value behind product decisions and advocate for solutions that bring both end user benefit and business value[FA1]
- Lead brainstorming workshops and co-design activities with internal groups and with end users
- Create and maintain coherent design systems for the REV products
- Occasionally produce visual contents to promote our assets and communicate on our products internally and/or externally.
- Facilitate education and training of developers, product owners and junior designers on the principles of design thinking
- Evangelize AXA executives and top managers on the business value of Design
Skills and Experience
- BA or Master Degree
- 5+ years of UI/UX design experience in a product role at a startup, innovation lab, digital agency, or design consultancy
- Mastering the design and prototyping such as tools Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision, Principle, Zeplin, Abstract…
- First experience with an insurance or financial company is a plus
You like observing and understanding the world around you in order to provide simple, impactful solutions to complex issues.
- You are a Design Generalist with an interdisciplinary, open-minded approach to problem-solving and a talent for uniting and motivating teams. Collaborating with different areas of expertise and in a multicultural environment is a second nature
- Like Thomas Edison you think that “vision without execution is hallucination”
- You've been responsible for the UX/UI design of apps/software solutions at every stage of the process, from concepting through delivery with proven experience in user research, wireframe, prototyping, interface design
- Demonstrable understanding of visual and user experience design disciplines and principles
- Critical eye for details
- The ability to lead multiple projects and tasks at a time
- Ability to be a hands-on designer while being a team manager
- The ability to operate independently, to thrive in ambiguity and to adjust for the unexpected
- Your written and verbal communication skills are excellent and you have the ability to confidently present your work and convince senior managers
- English fluent, French is a plus
HOW TO APPLY
What we offer is a great balance between work and private life
· Package consistent of: 45 days of paid leave, flexible working hours and 2 days of remote work, salary structured of fixed pay and bonus as well as many other benefits;
· Friendly work environment in brand new building in Paris with innovative work space;
· Working in a friendly atmosphere with great colleagues!
At AXA, we lead an HR policy that encourages diversity, maintains your professional and private life balance and accelerates the skills and career development: promotion of diversity, remuneration policy, training device, ... Discover everything that makes AXA an employer of choice.
Whatever your job is, we strive to offer you career opportunities. Our goal is to develop your skills to support the transformation of our changing business.