Founded in 2018 by 4 French entrepreneurs, Specify is an early-stage startup with international ambition and the belief that the product is king.
Already used by more than 900 companies worldwide - including Microsoft, Dyson and Bukalapak, Specify plans to revolutionize the way digital products are created and maintained.
Our ambition is to simplify the creation and maintenance of any company's design system, from SMBs to Mid Market and Enterprise.
Supported by the best European investors, Specify has raised € 1m in pre-seed to accelerate its deployment and offer teams a robust central platform to build their design system.
– Opportunity 🌟
At Specify, we strongly believe that designers play a role that is beyond aesthetics, focusing on product thinking and making sure we are building the right features for the right people.
Your role as a Product Designer is both to work on our products (web and desktop), but also to have a strategic role within the company. You will help us to build a strong design culture within Specify.
Your product missions:
You will be able to confidently identify areas for improvement, come up with possible solutions and proposals, as well as iterate, implement, and drive releases that improve our product(s).
- Run user research (interviews, focus groups, tests, surveys, etc.)
- Work with our CPO to define user and business needs
- Design high-quality features that can be quickly shipped
- Continuously validate the user experience of shipped solutions and look for low-effort improvements with the highest impact
- Ship solutions to a given problem and work towards a clear proposal through multiple iterations
- Organize your work through design libraries and contribute to the design system to build delightful product interfaces
- Create low fidelity or high fidelity prototypes
- Perform design reviews and document your design decisions
- Collaborate closely with our engineers to keep track of implementation, maintain app quality, find bugs, and provide reproduction paths
- Be able to measure the success of your solution
- Dive into the usage data to find what is broken and what can be improved
Your strategic missions:
You will be involved directly in the business side because design isn't just about beauty. It's about market relevance and meaningful results.
- Contribute to the overall strategy and decision-making about product and company direction
- Understanding and building the company strategy
- Help with establishing a design culture within the company
- Represent the company at external and product events or by writing articles
– What we are looking for? 🔍
- Always learning (both personally and with the team)
- Have an eye for detail, with a strong visual design sense
- Kind, caring and humble
- Experience working on SaaS web or desktop products (>3 years)
- A good understanding of the design tool, developer tools & design system industry
- Very good mastery of the design tools (Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD)
- Strong visual design skills
- Fluent in both English and French with strong communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- High-quality design features that ship quickly
- Create flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals for your features
- Ability to quickly create prototypes, understand results and validate the hypothesis
- Experience collaborating with people from other departments
- Ability to drive product feature releases with tight deadlines
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
– Bonus points:
- Good experience in leading, managing and scaling design teams
- Motion, 3D or brand design skills
- Front-end development skills (Vue.js, React...)
- A very good sense of humour
– What we offer ✨
You'll work in a friendly work atmosphere with passionate and talented people. You'll have the chance to design tomorrow's collaboration product, which is already used by international companies.
Even if we are early-stage, Specify is an equal opportunity workplace. We want to reunite diverse, passionate people and make Specify a place where you can work pleasantly, grow and flourish.
We fully encourage initiatives, knowledge sharing and decision-making.
- A key position in the company
- Competitive salary & equity package
- New laptop (Macbook Pro 16"), monitor and accessories
- Quality health insurance (Alan)
- Transportation fees (50%)
- Meal tickets (Lunchr)
- Daily team lunch
- Weekly breakfast
- Annual team retreat 🏔🛶
- Flexible hours
- Flexible vacation time
- Possibility to work in remote
👉 If you want to apply for this position, please fill out this form (5min max)